The Endurance test Monitoring System by SDS
is a test system where a tire is run for a certain amount of time (virtually endless).
During the endurance test, the tire is constantly monitored to examine how it behaves.
The software EMSServer controls all the required hardware components of the EMS system,
provides means to configure and run the endurance tests and does all the data acquisition.
The test results are saved as files which can in turn be evaluated with the EMSViewer software.
Features of the EMSServer include:
- Functions to check proper operation of its individual components
- Configuring the test setup including data acquisition in a predefined time schedule
- Automatic bulge and crack detection
- Online differential scan allows to compare the current contour with a previously scanned reference contour. This allows to quickly check the current tire condition without having to wait for the result of a full scan
The EMSViewer evaluates and displays all the data that has been created by the EMSServer.
Features of EMSViewer include:
- Displaying tire scan images and tire contours.
- For detailed inspection the user can select a tire position (2D x-,y-coordinates) with cross-hairs,the corresponding out-of-plane z-coordinate (tire contour) is calculated and visualized by means of a color-scheme. All coordinates are also displayed in textual form.
- Zooming functions for all 3 dimensios
- Measuring distances using cross-hairs
- Automatic detection and visualization (color-based) of anomalies like bulges, dents and cracks
- Textual and graphical indication for highest bulge and deepest dent
- Differences calculation: Once a tire result has been defined as reference data, the contour changes of the following test results can be calculated and visualized
- Tracelines resulting from the intersection of the tire with cutting planes can be visualized and exported / imported. Traceline differences between reference data and current test data are also calculated and visualized.